NSG 470 Leadership, Management and Current Professional Issues in Nursing
Select and arrange to interview a nurse leader. This may be a nurse leader from your work, a hospital, an educator, a friend, but the nurse must hold a leadership position.
Possible interview questions, but you may create your own:
When was the activity completed?
- Name of the person interviewed? Job title and job description based upon interview questions.
- What was the reason for selecting this nurse leader for the interview?
- What were the objectives of the interview? (you should write objectives if you are interviewing a leader and share them at the beginning of the interview)
- What is the nurse leader’s leadership style?
- What are some of your leadership strengths and weaknesses?
- Has there been a situation during your career when you made a communication error? If so, how did you resolve it?
- How would you resolve a conflict with a coworker, patient, or physician?
- How do you manage stress at work?
- What do you believe is the role of leadership in fostering a health workplace?
- How does critical thinking influence decision-making observed during the activity or for the person interviewed? (you will have to prepare for this by looking up critical thinking skills)
- How is teamwork and collaboration fostered?
What essential communication skills did you use during the interview? Provide a specific example?
How does the nurse leader’s position impact nursing practice?