Read the case study of Alexey Piskunov. Complete the application and required documents as described below.
Application for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
Based on the case scenario information provided:
- Draft a document for your partner/firm that details how this client meets the definition of a convention refugee.
- Draft a written submission on behalf of your client which clearly and specifically answers the following 5 questions. Be persuasive! Remember, you are arguing the case on behalf of your client. Make reference to the documentary evidence you will include.
- Why would the client be at risk if he/she was returned to their country of nationality or habitual residence?
- What kind of risks would he/she face and why?
- How do these risks concern them directly and personally?
- Could they escape these risks by moving to another city or region of their country?
- How does my situation compare with the situation of the rest of the population in their country of nationality or habitual residence?
- Draft 3 pieces of documentary evidence from the following (these documents will be created by you for the purposes of this assignment). You must choose 3 different types of documents. For example, you may choose to create a medical document, a news article, and a written testimony.
- Magazine or newspaper articles describing the situation in your country
- Legal documents
- Police documents
- Medical documents
- Personal documents
- Written testimonies
- Personal letters
- Fill out a Use of Rep form based on one person.
- Each group will present their case and documents to the class. Each student must participate.