Carry out a research into theories and framework relating to the learning and teaching of disabled young people and adults.
Produce a report which
- Explains the importance of research in the development of learning and teaching opportunities for disabled young people and adults.
- Analyses how theories of learning inform learning and teaching practice in relation to disabled learners
- Analyses the social model of disability and its impact on inclusive learning opportunities for disabled young people and adults
- Analyses how attitudes to disability, including social, cultural and faith and belief influence learning opportunities for disabled young people and adults.
- Analyses how inclusive learning has been defined
- Explains the importance of inclusive learning for disabled learners
- Describes the challenges involved in the implementation of a whole organisational approach to inclusive learning
- Analyses how approaches to communication and language development influence inclusive practice in relation to disabled learners. (750 WORDS)
You are required to produce a report based on your own practice, which
- Analyses how national, regional and local politics influence provision for disabled young people and adults
- Explains how risk assessments influence the curriculum
- Explains how current legal requirements and national policies and guidance promote the rights and well-being of learners
- Explains the role of organisations and networks that can offer services and support to disabled learners
- Explains ways to maintain relationships with parents, carers and others with an interest in the learner.
- Analyses the skills needed to work collaboratively for the benefit of disabled learners.
Your report should include one example where you:
- Evaluate the impact of policy and regulatory frameworks on a local initiative relating to learning provision for disabled young people and adults. (750 WORDS)
Your report should include and make links to your example