Watch this virtual simulation:
then answer the following questions based on this scenario
Description: Elderly patients transferred from the ER department with 2 days history of increasing confusion and agitation. Mr. Sarazin has a urinary catheter Insitu to treat urinary retention from an enlarged Prostate. The patient requires assessment and treatment.
1) Why would the patient present with confusion with urosepsis please give rational include psychophysiology?
2) What is your impression of his change in Vital signs ? Please explain what was happening physiologically?
3) Address your clinical judgment: What were your next steps in addressing the patient’s condition? – What did you choose to do and why?
4) Address the communication in the simulation what are your thoughts?
5) Reflection: How did you feel about your choices – what would you do differently?