Review the Josie King PowerPoint slides
1. Peter Pronovost, Senior Vice President for Patient Safety and Quality at Johns Hopkins Medicine, said, “We need to start talking about this.” What would you say is the significance of this statement? In other words, why is this meaningful in your opinion?
2. Briefly describe an uncomfortable workplace situation in which you witnessed a failing on the part of the organization. Did you speak up? Why or why not?
3. Read a few other posts and respond to at least one.
Part 1 : Provided a complete response to questions #1 and #2.
Part 2 : Read the posts of your peers. Choose one classmate and provide additional insight to their post. That insight can be:
• a personal experience you share that might provide context for your peers comments
• OR you can respectfully disagree and provide a rationale for why disagree
• OR you can add insight by advancing your peer’s point, adding something new and relevant to what the peer shared
Just saying, “Good job” or “Sorry you are dealing with that”, does not count as a response. Try to reply to one person who does not already have a reply to ensure everyone gets feedback
Be sure to review the Rubric for this Discussion Forum so that you earn full points.