Foundations of Qualitative Research Worksheet
The purpose of this exercise is to examine how philosophical assumptions differ and are exemplified (implicitly or explicitly) based on the interpretive framework selected.
1. Read the four articles listed below, which are located in the Week 1 University Library Readings. Each qualitative journal article adopts a different interpretive lens.
2. Complete the table below by providing detailed explanations and examples that demonstrate how the different philosophical assumptions are represented (implicitly or explicitly) in the selected journal articles.
Interpretive Frameworks Queer Theory
Adams et al.
Brown et al.
Churchill et al.
Job et al.
3. Discuss how the philosophical assumptions differed between the interpretive frameworks. Why is it important for researchers to understand the connection between philosophy and interpretive frameworks? Write your response in the space below.
The purpose of this exercise is to explore the link between the research purpose and research questions.
1. Identify a potential research topic for a qualitative study. Write your topic in the space below.
Click or tap here to enter text.
2. Complete the table below by writing 1 or 2 research questions for an exploratory, descriptive, and explanatory study related to your selected topic. Include a justification that explains how your research question(s) align with and/or support the research purpose.