Watch the Ted Talk below and provide a written response to the following three sets of questions.
1. What is job satisfaction? Why is employee job satisfaction important from a managerial or organizational perspective?
2. Based on this talk, the assigned readings, and our class discussion, what factors contribute to employee job satisfaction? Why?
3. Briefly summarize the findings of the Lego study, the paperwork study, and the origami study in this talk. Based on these findings, what can managers do to increase employee job satisfaction in an organization?
Your paper should be between 3 and 4 pages (double-spaced). It will be graded on the following three dimensions:
1) argumentation (e.g., are evidence and/or explanations used to support your arguments?);
2) applied learning (e.g., have you effectively incorporated ideas, concepts, and/or examples from readings and/or class discussions?);
3) written communication (e.g., did you utilize a concise writing style, including correct spelling and grammar, proper punctuation, and adequate formatting?).