Policy and Program Development
The graduate develops policies, practices, procedures, and programs that foster organizational ethics and
socially responsible behavior.
As an organizational leader, one of your primary roles is establishing programs and policies that ensure the
organization operates under ethical considerations and legal mandates. This responsibility includes
informing employees of the organization’s code of ethics, communicating the code of ethics, providing
training, and ensuring that operational aspects are administered in a legal and ethical manner.
You will assume the role of a leader and decide what strategies you will use to develop a strong
organizational ethical climate. In your position as a leader, you will need to identify primary and secondary
stakeholders and satisfy their concerns, understand the organization’s ethical standing, and develop an ethics
You are a business manager of Paradigm Toys, a publicly held company that is a retailer and manufacturer of
children’s toys. The board of directors has asked you to conduct an ethics audit of the company and report to
the board if you find the need for ethics training.
A. Discuss the purpose of corporate social responsibility (CSR) in an organization.
1. Identify two primary and two secondary stakeholders that influence Paradigm Toys.
2. Analyze two ways that Paradigm Toys should meet their CSR for the primary and secondary
stakeholders identified in part A1.
B. Reflect on the importance of ethical leadership by doing the following:
1. Explain why it is important for an organization to develop an ethical culture.
a. Discuss the role that Paradigm Toys’ leadership can play in fostering an ethical culture.
2. Explain the purpose of an ethics audit.
a. Discuss the value that an ethics audit could bring to Paradigm Toys.
C. Develop the ethical framework that you would use if you were faced with an ethical dilemma by doing the
1. Identify and analyze an ethical dilemma in a business setting.
Note: You may also choose an ethical dilemma you have witnessed at your current place of
2. Evaluate two potential solutions to the ethical dilemma identified in part C1.
3. Explain which solution from part C2 you would recommend and why that solution would be the more
D. Create a proposal for implementing an ethics training program at Paradigm Toys by doing the following:
1. Identify three key topics that you would cover in your ethics training program.
a. Explain why you would include the three topics from part D1 in your training program.
2. Recommend a delivery method that you believe would be most effective for the training program.
a. Justify why the delivery method recommended in part D2 would be most effective for the training