Research Critiques and PICOT Question Guidelines – Final Draft
Quantitative and Quantitative Studies
- Summary of studies. Include problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research question.
How do these two articles support the nurse practice issue you chose?
- Discuss how these articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
- Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Study:
- State the methods of the articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
- Consider the methods you identified in your chosen articles and state one benefit and one limitation of each method.
Results of Study
- Summarize the key findings of each of the studies into a comprehensive summary.
- What are the implications of the four studies you chose in nursing practice?
- Discuss two ethical consideration in conducting research.
- Describe how the researchers in the four articles you choose took these ethical considerations into account while performing their research.
- What are the anticipated outcomes for your PICOT question?
- How do the outcomes of the four articles you chose compare to your anticipated outcomes?