Objectives will seek to:
- Measure the weight of schoolbags carried by students
- Determine the types of bags and how they are carried by students
- Determine the ratio between the weight of the school bags carried by students and students’ body weight.
- Determine discomfort experienced by students while carrying the habits of carrying school
- Ascertain the perspective of school administrators/parents on the potential impact of students carrying school bags?
- Determine from teachers the behaviour of students as it relates to carrying heavy bags with books to class.
- Does the weight of schoolbags contribute to students’ discomfort?
- Does the type of bags and how it is worn by students have any significant impact on their discomfort?
- Is there a direct correlation between students’ body weight and the weight of schoolbags as it relates to students’ discomfort?
- What is the ideal ratio between students’ body weight and the weight of schoolbags that will help to alleviate discomfort associated with large and heavy schoolbags?