Influenza is a virus that can be easily spread from person to person and kills thousands of people each year. Healthcare workers are at risk of exposing themselves to infectious diseases from patients and material and therefore can also potentially transmit these diseases to others. Preventing and controlling the spread of vaccine preventable diseases in the health care setting is vital to ensure proper infection control practices should an outbreak occur. As such, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) strongly recommend vaccination of health care workers.
You are a public health researcher. You have been asked to identify a vaccine-preventable disease and create a 10- to 12-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint on a research design. Your research design should focus on determining why health care workers are not receiving the vaccination for your selected vaccine-preventable disease in their place of employment.
The presentation should also include the following:
- Researched and identified the disease to create a research plan
- An introduction and synopsis of the selected disease
- History of the public health issue or disease
- Social or behavioral antecedents related to the disease
- Epidemiological relevance of the disease
- Proposed research design
- Sampling plan
- Strengths and weaknesses of chosen research design