Choose a flag, banner, or symbol of your own liking that speaks strongly to you and then study it carefully and critically.
1. What arguments-implicit and explicit-does the banner or flag make?
2. What are its appeals and who does it seem to address?
3. How do you respond to the image or symbol, and why?
4. Are your responses based primarily on emotion, on logic and reason, on ethical considerations?
5. Then write a paragraph in which you analyze your connection to this imagery. Be sure to include a picture of the flag, banner, or image you chose to critique.