This is 2 chapters of dissertation. There is no need for introduction and conclusion. I just want contents and analysis in chapters. Please note that this is law dissertation, so write in legal perspective as much as possible (not in economic terms). I will provide paper details, but if you have any sub-topic that should be added in the chapters, please do. This is flexible.
Chapter 1 (about 2500 words) :The concept of non-tariff barriers.
The core of this chapter is to provide the general information of non-tariff barriers
1. The WTO, GATT and Non-tariff barrier to trade (NTBs) : The relation of NTBs and international trade restriction, how and why nations usually use NTBs to restrict trade. How WTO and GATT solve this problems, what articles and more details.
2. The difference between Tariff Barriers and Non-tariff barriers. Why presently nations usually implement NTBs than tariff barriers, etc.
3. Types of Non-tariff barriers : General information and relevant articles of GATT and WTO on<br>- Subsidies<br>- Anti-dumping
– Quantitative restriction , import bans, import quotas
– Non-tariff measures (NTMs) specific on Sanitary and phytosanitary measures (SPS measures) and Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT)
Chapter 2 (about 4000 words): The impact of NTBs in different regime on overseas market accession. The question in this chapter is, does the socialist rule of China and the democratic EU affect the level of adoption of the non-tariff barrier?
1. First, provide brief summary of an evolution of China foreign trade policy: how China play roles in international trade, how it applied and level of Non-tariff barriers in each period and etc- Before open door policy (pre reform trade system) (before1978)
– Between 1978 and before access WTO
After being a membership of WTO
2. Second, provide brief summary of and evolution of EU foreign trade policy: how EU play roles in international trade, how it applied and level of Non-tariff barriers in each period and etc.
European Union GATT and WTO
3. Analyze by using the theory of trade liberalization, protectionism and others. Does it the regime affect to the high level of NTBs of China and EU. Provide cases of both countries regarding NTBs with each countries and with other countries. Explain some of interesting case, criticizes, why and see the limitations.