Success in any endeavor requires focus, long-term planning, and effort. Most long-term objectives require short-term achievements.
Use what you have learned about yourself through the SWOT analysis and environmental scan you completed to develop a long-term and a short-term plan for yourself. Complete the following:
- Start by describing your 5-year professional and financial objectives.
- What title or position would you like to have?
- Where would you like to be financially?
- Based on the results of your SWOT analysis and environmental scan, determine the following:
- What skills do you need to develop to achieve your 5-year objectives?
- Is your industry changing? What do you need to do to grow with it?
- What resources do you have to help you achieve your 5-year objectives? (Hint: Resources can mean more than financial; are there people you know who can help you achieve your objective?)
- Now develop a short-term plan that will help you achieve your long-term objectives:
- What will you need to accomplish each year to achieve your 5-year objectives?
- What monthly/weekly/daily steps will help you reach your long-term objectives?
- How will you address obstacles that occur along the way?