Choose one of the following topics:
- a) Climate change
- b) Gender/racial inequality
- c) Income inequality
- d) Indigenous issues in Canada
- e) Working conditions/labour issues
- f) Animal Rights
- g) Pollution
- h) Intellectual property/patents
(2) Address the following questions:
- a) What is this issue and why is it important?
- b) Why and how is business an important player in this issue?
- c) Who are the key stakeholders? Explain
- d) What are the broader debates/tensions underpinning this issue (CSR, shareholder/stakeholder, short-term/long-term, corporate power)? Why? Explain your answer in the most convincing way possible.
- e) How has business sought to address this issue?
- f) What has been the role of other stakeholders (e.g. government, NGOs)?
- g) Make an argument for how this issue should be addressed in the future. What role should business play? What role should other stakeholders (e.g. government, consumers, investors, NGOs) play?
- h) What are the potential obstacles or constraints to implementing your suggestion? Explain. How might these obstacles be overcome?