You have been hired by Fixing Windows LLC as an Information Technology consultant to develop a technology proposal. Fixing Windows LLC manufactures and distributes solar panel for the consumer market. Your job is to submit a proposal that meets their criteria.
- The company will have 3 locations (New York, San Antonio, and Miami) but are planning to grow rapidly due to high demand in solar panels. Main staff will be at San Antonio and Miami offices.
- Data security is priority since patent and trademarks are at stake.
- New York sales personnel will need secure remote access to Miami office.
- The WAN connectivity is in place and it is not an issue. There is ample bandwidth in place.
- Feel free to make other assumptions but they need to be noted in the paper.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
DNS and DHCP
- How had DHCP installation and authorization been implemented?
- DHCP scope design (e.g., lease times, number of scopes, address range)
- Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
- Will DHCP reservations be used for servers?
- How can IPAM be utilized?
- How will IPv6 be utilized?
- How will DNS be implemented?
- DNS Security
- How will DNS be handled for the second and third site?
- What namespace should Fixing Windows LLC implement?
- What types of zones needed?
File Services, DISTRIBUTED FILE SYSTEM (DFS) AND BRANCHCACHE:
- How will the shares be secured?
- Will quotas be used? FSRM be configured?
- Will DFS be implemented?
Remote Services and NETWORK POLICY SERVER (NPS):
- What technology will be implemented to provide secure remote access for users?
- Who should have remote access?
Discuss these other server 2016 Networking concepts:
- HIGH PERFORMANCE NETWORK SOLUTIONS
- SOFTWARE-DEFINED NETWORKING (SDN)